We recommend the visitors to the Cinque Terre to buy a Cinque Terre Card including several services listed below.
Two types of cards are available:
- Cinque Terre Trekking Card:giving you access to the footpaths only
- Cinque Terre Train Card:giving you access to the hiking trails together with unlimited train travel on the Cinque Terre trains
The Cinque Terre Cards can be purchased at the information desks at every train station or Tourist Info Points in Cinque Terre, Levanto and La Spezia.
How to use the Cinque Terre Card
- The Cinque Terre Card is personal. Before you use it, write your name on the back of it.
- It is valid until midnight, assuming you buy a 1 day card.
- Always remember to validate your ticket at the station before you use it. You will find the green stamp machine located in the stairs on the way to the platform. Fines are quite expensive!
Note: There is over 120 km of trails along the Cinque Terre coast line. There are 48 hiking trails and you only need the Cinque Terre Trekking Card for the two most famous trails: Monterosso - Vernazza and Vernazza - Corniglia. All other paths are for free and you don't need a Trekking Card.
Skip the line, buy your Cinque Terre Card tickets online here: Cinque Terre Card (external link). If you purchase the card online, no validation is needed because you specify your dates at the time of purchase.