The hills surrounding the town are rich in vegetation and full of olive groves and lemon trees. The beautiful sandy beach with crystal water is about 1 km long and is protected from the waves by some rocks about 100 mt from the shore.
The town has a good selection of shops, cafes and restaurants. The town can accommodate its visitors in hotels and bed and breakfasts in various categories.
Where to stay in Moneglia
Moneglia offers a wide range of family run hotels near the sea. We have selected the best alternatives for you: Hotels in Moneglia.
What to see in Moneglia
• Church of Santa Croce, first established in 1130 and rebuilt in 1725. Its courtyard features a wonderful display of colorful stones and inside you will find paintings by the celebrated local artist Luca Cambiaso. Don't miss the church's beautiful Byzantine cross.
• Church of San Giorgio, built 1396, with a wealth of important paintings by Cambiaso. Its original Gothic details were reconstructed in the early 18th century. The church includes a Franciscan cloister which was added in 1484.
• Castle of Monleone was constructed in the 12th century to help defend Moneglia from pirate raids, the remains of this medieval castle can be visited.
• The historic town center with wonderfully preserved medieval houses. Narrow streets are lined with quaint shops and picturesque homes. Have a taste of the delicious Ligurian cuisine at one of the town's fabulous restaurants.
• The Olive Oil Fair. A variety of focaccia and olive oil can be tasted at this annual event which occurs on Easter Monday.
Read More About Cinque Terre